John D. Brady
I help business and individuals, including insurance companies and their insureds, develop resolution strategies for litigated matters. My practice focuses on the defense of premises liability and automobile tort cases in north Mississippi. My automobile tort experience is extensive having handled complex product liability and major trucking collision cases to uninsured motorist defense of automobile insurers. More recently I have been called on by longstanding insurance clients to provide complex insurance coverage analysis and to litigate such matters.
- Mississippi State University, B.A., Political Science, 1989
- Mississippi College School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1994
- Defense Research Institute
- Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association (Past President)
- The Mississippi Bar (Executive Committee 2009-2010; Bar Commissioner 2007-2010)
- Lowndes County Bar Association (Past President)
- A Case for the Exercise of Federal Court Jurisdiction Over Certain Personal Injury Claims Against Riverboat Casinos, Vol. 64 Mississippi Law Journal, 1995
- "Damages in Mississippi Civil Trial Practice"
- "Sovereign Immunity for Employees of Governmental Entities in Their Individual and Official Capacity"
- "Evidence for the Litigation Paralegal in Mississippi"
- Watkins & Eager (2000-2003)
- McCoy, Wilkins, Stephens & Tipton (1994-2000)
- All state and federal courts, Mississippi
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- Columbus Rotary Club (Past President)
- Golden Triangle Development Link, Trust Board of Directors
- Columbus Main Street Association (Past President)
- United Way of Lowndes County