CORINTH, MS OFFICE
Settled in 1854 at the juncture of the nation’s two longest railroads, the town of Corinth held a strategic position in history, with as many as 300,000 Union and Confederate troops occupying the area during the Civil War. Corinth’s fortifications known as “earthworks” are the best preserved in the United States and are recognized as National Historic Landmarks, and many of its antebellum and Victorian buildings are on the National Register of Historic places. While it continues to pay homage to history, it is the bustling, pioneering spirit of the original “railroad town” which today propels Corinth toward progress and development.
Mitchell, McNutt & Sams expanded to Corinth in October of 1990 when Wendell Trapp joined the firm. The building which houses the firm’s offices dates to 1898 and had many uses prior to its conversion to a law office, one of its incarnations being a 5 & 10 cent store. The spacious two-story building in the historic downtown area of Corinth has been renovated to accommodate modern offices, but a portion of the interior reveals the original exposed brick work.
Corinth is the county seat of Alcorn County and the center of local government. The firm acts as counsel to the Alcorn County Board of Supervisors and the Tennessee Valley Regional Housing Authority as well as several area banks, businesses, and insurance companies in addition to long-standing individual clients. Practice areas represented in the Corinth office include but are not limited to banking, corporate, insurance, workers’ compensation, general litigation, labor and employment, and taxation.
The attorneys resident in the Corinth office are long-time citizens of the area who are active participants in community life and strong supporters of their local churches, civic organizations, sports activities, the arts associations, and “The Alliance,” the local industrial development association.